Wednesday, December 17, 2014

week two recap: a couple days late!



So we survived week two! And this week was so much better than the first. I don't know if it was us just getting into a routine, or me making a weekly to-do list, or me scheduling more events for the week...or all of the above. But it was really really awesome.

Monday we met a lovely mommy and her daughter for coffee and a walk at the mall. I don't have a picture of us anywhere--let's change that lady! So I will save her introduction for another post. All you need to know now is her name is Leah and she is a lifesaver. I am so thankful for her friendship, Godly advice, and coffee dates.

I was out of makeup wipes, and usually spend $6 on a pack of 25. So instead of spending 6 bucks I made my own! They were suuuper easy. And I just used things I already had around the house! A mason jar, half a roll of paper towels, coconut oil, tea tree oil, baby wash, and water. You can find the recipe I used here.



We also had an appointment with the chiropractor. {Yes we meaning Noah and I.}. We typically go once a month. It has helped a lot this year with my allergies especially-haven't had to take meds at all! It's also helped with Noah's bowel movements. LOL.

The rest of the week was kind of a blur. I really need to get better at writing things down...#mommybrain

We went to my youngest sister's bowling match--so exciting. LOL. But had a really good time and it was great to see her all grown up. I got bored so I had a photoshoot with Noah:

mom. stop. 
she's so pretty!




















We visited my old office, which actually turned out to be easier than I expected. I had a little bit of anxiety pulling into the parking lot, but after seeing my ex co-workers smiling faces, I felt better. There are moments where I doubt quitting my job. We are on week 3 so this has to be a normal thing. Right?

But then I look at the clock and it's already 4:39pm, I've already vacuumed all the bedrooms, swept the wood floors, loaded/unloaded the dishwasher, folded two loads of laundry, cooked breakfast and lunch, made next months budget...oh, and take care of an unpredictable 6 month old human! I worried about finding pride in my work without a paycheck. No worries-that is all gone.

We went to a bday party too! Kendra's son turned TWO!!! We had a blast. Here are some pictures from the day:


The afterparty! Noah was NOT a fan of the hat.

Noah loves his daddy though!                                                                                               And yeah. I know I'm white.



The week was really great and we are finally getting into the swing of things. I've only had one mommy meltdown since we've been home. And they used to be several times a week. I am SO thankful for this opportunity and while I have zero idea how we are making it work...it's working! =D #thankyoujesus

Safe to say he loves having me home!
Thanks for following along!

xoxo
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment